Random Pork Stew #1
1 pint Organic Beef Stock
1 pint Veggie Stock
2 cups water
1 TBSP oil of sesame oil (or oil of choice)
half a bunch of asparagus, chopped 1/3 length
1 1/2 cups of brussel sprouts, sliced vertically
3 carrots, chopped 1/2 inch
3 small-medium golden potatoes, chopped 1 inch thick
2 cups of cooked ham, chopped 3/4 inch
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 cup of mushrooms, sliced 1/2 inch
1/4 cup of pepita seeds (pumpkin seeds), grounded finely
2 TBSP oregano
2 TBSP soy sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat large stew pot on stove over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add onions and mushrooms when warm. Saute for 5-7 minutes until onions are toasty brown. 3 minutes in, add oregano.
- Add beef stock, potatoes, and pumpkin seeds. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- If using frozen brussel sprouts, add in now. Add carrots and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes covered.
- Add in asparagus, water, ham, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes uncovered until asparagus turns bright green. Depending on preference you can have crunchy asparagus, or softer asparagus with longer cooking time.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- (Notes: For meatier mushrooms, add in raw while adding carrots.)
Caution: Recipe needs revising. This is experimental. Possibility of making a roux with pumpkin seeds. Recipe measurements are not accurate, need to double check and remake.