10 oz dried macaroni (preferably the vegetable derived noodles)
1 sweet potato, diced
1 onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
3/4 cup water (from boiled vegetables)
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 TBSP nutritional yeast flakes
1 TBSP lemon juice
3/4-1 TSP salt
1 TSP cayenne pepper
1 TSP paprika
2 TSP ginger
2 TSP chili powder
1 head broccoli, diced
1 bunch of kale, sliced
1 bunch of asparagus, diced
8 oz mushrooms, diced
3 carrots, diced
2 roma tomatoes, peeled and diced
2 stalks of celery, sliced
- Cook macaroni, drain, set aside.
- Boil next four ingredients for about 10 minutes (first group of vegetables).
- Use a slotted spoon to place veggies in blender. Add 3/4 cup cooking water along with cashews, coconut milk, and nutritional yeast.
- Blend until smooth. Cook other set of vegetables.
- Add sauce to mac. Add extra vegetables after done cooking till tender but crisp.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
I choose to use cashew “cheese” over regular market cheese, because cheese from a cow contains a protein named casein. This is used in glue, because of it’s sticky properties. In your intestines it prevents healthy absorption and digestion of nutrients. Casein actually binds to opioid receptors in your brain, the same that heroin attaches to. This releases dopamine. Dopamine is a feel good hormone, a reward center. This is what creates the addiction of cheese that some people experience. Here is an article if you want to learn more.