Cauliflower Fried Rice
1/2 TBSP sesame oil (or replace with 1 TBSP water)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup frozen peas
3 carrots, diced
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
1 head cauliflower, shredded
3 TBSP soy sauce
small head of broccoli, diced
(Add extra vegetables for more flavor)
- In large pan, sauté onion in sesame oil over medium/high heat until transparent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in garlic, cook until fragrant. ~2 min
- Next add in peas, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook until peas are warmed, carrots softened, and mushrooms dampened. ~4 min
- While initial vegetables are cooking, slide the ingredients over to one side and add in 2 eggs on the other side. Cook until slightly runny (almost fully scrambled).
- Add in cauliflower and soy sauce. Combine all ingredients. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in broccoli. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is great for the fall because cauliflower is fresh during fall time, at least in Texas. Cauliflower is known for aiding digestion, detox, weight loss, fighting inflammation, brain and heart diseases, and cancer. Contains high levels of vitamin c and k.